What To Wear When Cooking
As a chef, you are dealing with a bacteria-prone work environment in which good hygiene is paramount. It is therefore of great importance that you wear the right clothes in the kitchen.
You also need to look presentable on and off duty, and if you are a fan of the Naruto Anime series, the Naruto Merchandise range of clothes offers a good selection here. The Naruto Shop not only offers a wide range of Naruto Merch collections but also t-shirts and hoodies that you can wear daily.
The cook’s clothes
The chef’s clothes should not only offer functionality, but in the catering trade, it is also important that the clothes look neat. The most common items of clothing worn by a chef at work consist of:
- The chef’s hat ensures that no hair gets into the food while cooking.
- Bandana is needed because the work above the stove and between the hot ovens gives off a lot of heat. A bandana absorbs sweat during hot activities.
- The chef jacket is there to protect the body.
- The apron hangs down over the pants to protect against splashes.
- Chefs use a cooking cloth to protect their hands when moving hot pots and pans.
- The chef trousers protect the body during work.
- Sturdy shoes are required as a chef has to stand on his feet for a long time. Good quality shoes are therefore very important. The shoes must offer the right support so that the wrong footwear does not cause back problems.
What should you look for in chef’s clothing?
When you’re spending a significant amount of money on chef apparel for you or your team, you want to be sure it’s money well spent. There are a number of things to consider when shopping for chef apparel:
It is important that the clothing you work in is comfortable. But you should also pay attention to whether the clothes match the style and image of the company.
With garments like chef’s trousers, it’s important to have the right length. If the trousers are too long, there is a risk of tripping over the fabric, which can lead to dangerous situations.
The chef’s jacket must fit snugly on the body. If it’s too loose, the fabric can catch on to materials. But if it’s too tight, it’s no good either. Humans cannot function properly in clothing that is too tight.
When looking for shoes, make sure that they meet work requirements. The look of the shoe is less important than its functionality.